Personal information is data that can be used to uniquely identify or contact a single person.
Here are some examples of the types of personal information we may collect and how we may use it.1. What personally identifiable information do we collect?
Our primary goal in collecting personal information is to provide you with the best and most useful content and services. We are essential to keeping our services free to users.
We collect personally identifiable information when you provide it to us, such as when you register on our sites, when you use certain products or services and when you visit us. Several of the services that we offer on our sites, such as auctions and message boards, may require registration as a condition of use. Once you register with one of our sites you are no longer anonymous to us.2. What anonymous information do we collect?Cookies
Your Internet browser has a feature called "cookies" which store small amounts of data on your computer about your visit to any of our sites. However, cookies tell us nothing about who you are unless you specifically give us personally identifiable information. You do not need to have cookies turned on to visit the our site, although active participation in certain areas of our site may require cookies. In addition, you may elect not to allow cookies to be collected by selecting certain options on your browser.Web Bugs & Servers
We use electronic images known as Web bugs - sometimes called single-pixel GIFs, transparent GIFs, or clear gifs- that allow us to track general user traffic patterns. We also automatically receives and records information from our servers and from your browser including your IP address, the time, and information about the page you requested.We use tracking technologies in a variety of ways, including:
3. How do we use the information?We use the information we gather for four general purposes:
- Keeping count of return visits to our site or our advertiser' or partners' sites
- Accumulate and report anonymous, aggregate (data collected in mass), statistical information on Web site and advertisement usage
- Determining which features users like best
- Saving your password so you don't have to re-enter it each time you visit our sites
4. How do we share the information?Personally Identifiable Information
- To customize the advertising and content you see, which helps keep our services free to users
- To enhance the user experience in our network of sites. We use tracking information to determine how well each page performs overall based on aggregate user demographics and traffic patterns to those pages. This helps us continue to build a better service for you
- To fulfill your requests for certain products and services, such as sending out electronic newsletters and enabling users to participate in polls, contests, message boards, and auctions
- To send you information you agreed to receive about topics we think will be of interest to you
We will make your personally identifiable information available to other companies or people when:
- We have your consent to share the information
- We have engaged companies to work with or on behalf of our site to provide a product or service that you have requested, such as opt-in e-mail announcements
- You use co-branded services. When you use a co-branded service within our network of sites you grant us permission to pass your registration information back to that service partner. Their use of your information is subject to their applicable privacy policies
We aggregate personally identifiable information and discloses such information in a non-personally identifiable manner to advertisers and other third parties for marketing, promotional and other purposes. We do not disclose to these entities any information that could be used to identify you personally.Business Transfers
We are always seeking to improve our network of Web sites and our business. In accomplishing these objectives, we may buy or sell a company, or one or more of the companies in our corporate family may merge with or be acquired by another company. If we sell a business, we may transfer some or all of your information as a part of the sale in order that the service being provided to you may continue or for other business purposes. In that event, we will seek to give you notice of that change in control and we will seek to get assurances that the purchaser will honor any opt-out requests you might make of us.5. What are my options?
Users who would rather not provide any of the user data requested by our registration process do not need to register with us. You can still view much of the content and use many of the services offered by our sites without registering.We provide users with the following options:
6. How can I update my personally identifiable information?
- Opting not to receive our electronic newsletters or those of third parties when registering. Users who opt-in may remove themselves from mailing lists at any time through the subscription management pages or by following the instructions at the end of the e-mail they received from us;
- Opting not to provide certain personal information when registering for a site
Any modifications to our privacy practices will be reflected first within this area of our network of websites. If there is a material change in our privacy practices, we will indicate on our sites that our privacy practices have changed and provide a link to the new privacy statement. If we are going to be using the information collected from users in a manner materially different from that stated at the time of collection we will send affected users written notice of the change. We will also post the changes in our privacy statement 30 days prior to a change, where practicable.8. How do we manage and ensure security of personal information?
We strive to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of personally identifiable information of our customers. We have take steps to ensure your personal information is safe by using a variety of physical and electronic security measures including restricting physical access to our offices and firewalls and secure databases to keep personal information secure from misuse, loss or unauthorized loss or disclosure.9. How can you find out what personal information we hold about you?
You have the right to seek access to the personal information held about you and to advise us of any inaccuracies. There are some exceptions to this right set out in the Privacy Act. If you make an access request, we will ask you to verify your identity and specify what information you require.
Copyright © All rights reserved.